At Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA), the inpatient pharmacy has the best of both worlds - an innovative academic environment in a community hospital setting. The inpatient pharmacy at Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is a dynamic department with cutting edge clinical services and state of the art automation and technology.The staff in the inpatient pharmacy department at CHA is made up of a team of Clinical Specialists, Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Interns.
Are you looking for a career change within the expanding Inpatient Pharmacy Department at CHA Everett Hospital? Are you looking for an opportunity to provide top-quality pharmaceutical support while maintaining a balanced quality of life? We are looking for night shift Pharmacy Technicians to provide support in our newly -constructed Inpatient Pharmacy and Clean Rooms. The night shift Pharmacy Technicians are scheduled 7 days on/7 days off, 9pm-7:30am and receive full-time benefits and pay. Under the general supervision of the Supervisor/Manager, Inpatient Pharmacy and the immediate supervision of the Pharmacists, and within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures, the Pharmacy Technician II perform various non-judgmental aspects of pharmaceutical care in an inpatient pharmacy setting. Primary, essential job functions involve drug packaging and compounding, patient charging, drug transport, inventory management, and record-keeping. A commitment to patient safety, customer satisfaction, efficient / effective use of resources, teamwork, innovation, and performance improvement is required.'
• Accurately compounds and labels a variety of sterile products using aseptic technique.
• Documents completely compounding activities according to departmental policy and procedure.
• Accurately labels and packages a variety of dosage forms in accordance with legal requirements and professional standards.
• Accurately prepares medications for dispensing; delivers medications to patient care areas in a timely manner.
• Accurately inventories and replaces drug floor stock based on pre-established par levels.
• Restocks Pyxis MedStations in an accurate and timely manner.
• Places daily order with wholesaler, receives / opens / places into inventory all items, verifies associated paperwork.
• Participates in the monthly inspections of all medication storage areas of the hospital and associated clinics.
• Fills stock drug requests from hospital departments and associated clinics.
• Integrates growth and development needs into the delivery of patient care for the populations served.
• Uses communication methods appropriate for the patient developmental stage.
• Accurately assesses the patient's ability to follow directions for completion of treatment.
• Identifies and manages any special issues, concerns and risks for age specific populations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or dire
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate is required.
Work Experience: Minimum of one years of experience as a pharmacy technician is preferred but not required. New Pharmacy Technicians are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Certification: Completion of a Board of Pharmacy approved certifying body pharmacy technician certification examination is preferred.
Registration: Must have a current technician registration in good standing from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy or be eligible for registration in MA. In lieu of an active MA registration, candidates must register prior to working 1000 hours at the Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA). Failure to register within this time period will result in the discontinuation of employment at CHA