YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Pharmacy Supervisor- AdventHealth - Orlando
Location Address:601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, ORLANDO 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days (7 on/7 off). 11am-11pm Thurs-Tues and 8am-8pm on Wednesday.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Accurately labels all medication prior to dispensing according to regulatory standards, when required to staff
• Accurately maintains all record-keeping associated with receipt, distribution, and inventory of controlled substances according to standards from the DEA, Board of Pharmacy & DBPR
• Adaptation to changes in workload and work schedule. Amenable to unforeseen scheduling changes, including dates, times, and locations
• Assists nursing or other medical staff members in completing ADR reports, if required
• Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision. Assists with new employee orientation and supervises technicians to perform technician duties according to job description
• Checks medication carts, both with accuracy and in a timely manner
What You Will Need:
• State License in Consultant Pharmacist
• Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
The Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible for ensuring an efficient and effective workflow in all pharmacy areas. Handling and resolving complex issues and complaints when necessary. They may perform the duties of a pharmacist as needed to fulfill required service levels. The Pharmacy Supervisor also provides administrative support and supervision of pharmacy staff.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.