Pharmacy Technician Commerce Township Rotating Shift FT up to $5000 sign on bonus
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Location: Charter Township of Commerce, Michigan
Internal Number: 2205009285
**Up to $5,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under the direction and final check of a licensed Pharmacist, prepares, packages and labels IV and unit dose interim and maintenance medications according to prescriber orders and to established policies and procedures.
â�¢ Utilizes mathematical calculations to ensure accuracy and maintains a sterile environment.
â�¢ Delivers floorstock medication, patient-specific medication, emergency boxes and crash cart trays to patient care areas.
â�¢ May process and deliver controlled substances to patient care areas maintaining appropriate controlled substance inventory and documentation.
â�¢ Collects and returns medication orders and unused and expired medications from the patient care areas to the pharmacy for appropriate processing.
â�¢ Performs related charge functions.
â�¢ Responds to requests and inquiries from hospital employees and customers and provides appropriate information regarding medication orders.
â�¢ Performs other duties as assigned.
â�¢ High School Diploma or equivalent.
â�¢ Full pharmacy licensure or temporary licensure with the State of Michigan provided full licensure is obtained within one year of hire.
â�¢ Prior pharmacy experience and/or completion of formal pharmacy technician training including knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminologies is preferred.
â�¢ Certification is preferred.
1. Visual acuity and manual dexterity to operate an on-line computer keyboard and typewriter to maintain patient profile, capture charges, enter prescription data and access patient information. Visual acuity and color vision to read prescriptions, recognize impurities in I.V. solutions and accurately fill prescriptions.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with physicians, patient care staff, and other department personnel and patients.
3. Mathematical ability to perform calculations, requiring knowledge of metric system and use of a calculator.Ability to transport medication delivery carts, lift approximately 10-20 pounds (light work), bend and move stock (6-10% of work day).
4. Ability to frequently (21-50% or work time) lift and transport medications such as I.V. solutions (exerting a force of up to 60 pounds).
5. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.Ability to move to and from various units/patient rooms of the hospital almost constantly (more than 80% of work day) to dispense medications, at times in cramped quarters.
Job: Pharmacy Tech
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.