**$1,500 sign on bonus for external candidates**
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervision, the technician is responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. The technician’s duties are provided as part of the anticoagulation clinic team and involves interaction with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners and other health care providers.
- The technician will be responsible for all duties of preparing and dispensing of medication
- Unsure compliance with all USP 797 requirements
- Knowledge of polies and procedures set forth by USP 800 when handling hazardous medications. Performs hazardous medication preparation in compliance with USP 800 standards
- Identifies medications considered "hazardous" by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and local policy
- Mixes chemotherapy and biologics within the Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolator (CACI), Biological Safety Cabinets, and Laminar Airflow Workbench (LAFW) using proper aseptic technique
- Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepares IV solutions and other sterile products
- Maintains accuracy in processing orders to ensure that all orders are processed and dispensed in a timely manner
- Prepares continuous infusion pumps setting the pumps according to physician orders
- Utilizes the Pharmacy Report to assist with maintaining appropriate level of inventory for the clinic
- Maintains indigent patient drug program for assigned clinic
- Assists, as necessary, with the stocking of supplies, clinic organization, clean-up, etc.
- Assists to provide orientation and training to newly hired pharmacy technicians
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as outlined in the policy and procedure manual
- Properly disposes all hazardous and non – hazardous waste materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo
- Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of PPE and chemotherapy spill kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill
- Performs calculations as necessary to prepare IV admixtures including cytotoxic and investigational research drugs under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist
- Ability to utilize closed system transfer devices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Completion of a pharmacy technician certification program approved by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy
- Must have and maintain an active pharmacy technician license in the state of Washington
- 1+ years of experience as a pharmacy technician
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience working as a pharmacy technician
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $16.00 to $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign on Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign on Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.