Pharmacy Tech I Cert - Reg, Pharmacy, Orange - Part Time
Location: Orange, Texas
Internal Number: 13396000
Assists the Pharmacists in dispensing functions in several areas of the pharmacy, processes new orders in the inpatient area, assists in scheduling and admixing IV's, replenishes medications in patient cassettes, process admissions, transfers and discharges, prepacks medications, and replaces stock.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Formal Pharmacy Technician training course preferred. Have knowledge of controlled substance dispensing, general billing process, IV admixture certified or trained, cassette filling, physician order processing, order entry and must know categories of medications.
· Must be able to consistently complete workloads in all areas of pharmacy.
· Prefer experience as hospital pharmacy technician or evidence of satisfactory completion of a formal hospital training program including advanced IV and chemo training.
· Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Technician Trainee should take and pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technician (ExCPT) and upgrade before this registration expires.
*Orange County expected opening is October 23' if hired prior to October, candidates will be training at both Mid County and St.E locations until final transition to Orange.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.