Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Under general supervision, the technician is responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. The technician’s duties are provided as part of the anticoagulation clinic team and involves interaction with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners and other health care providers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Works as a member of the Pharmacy Support Center by processing medication refill requests per protocol, facilitating non-protocol refill requests, obtaining prior authorizations and resolving other medication refill related issues or problems.
- Documents pertinent patient information in the electronic medical record.
- Participates in therapeutic drug conversion programs by conducting therapeutic drug conversions per protocol, documenting drug conversions in the electronic medical record, notifying providers of drug conversions and providing patient education regarding these changes.
- Assists with data management and recording results for month-end reports.
- Assists in Pharmacy Services wellness programs (i.e. anticoagulation clinic and disease management clinics) by:
- Scheduling patient initial and follow-up appointments
- Retrieving pertinent patient information for new patient referrals or recent hospital/SNF discharge
- Rooming patients
- Checking vital signs and performing basic lab test (i.e. PT/INR finger stick)
- Contacting patients regarding lab results and instructions
- Performing patient “Missed Appointment / No Show” procedures
- Answering incoming phone calls and directing patient messages
- Maintains, stocks and cleans exam rooms.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives, site staff meetings and departmental meetings.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and safety policies and procedures at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Completion of a pharmacy technician certification program approved by the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Must possess and maintain an active pharmacy technician license in the state of California
- 1+ years of experience as a pharmacy technician
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience working as a pharmacy technician
- 1 year experience in hospital, ambulatory care or other healthcare setting
- Prior experience in managed care setting
- PTCB certification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.